Thursday, November 08, 2007

THE SOCIETY GIRL OF THE WEEK

Ok, I will admit it… I’m hooked on Gossip Girl. I know, I should be fifteen and watching this with my friends after school… but no, I am a grown woman hooked on a show called Gossip Girl. I’m not going to hide it.

I have to say that it's not really the drama or cute boys that keep me coming back - it's the clothes and the fact that the clothes are being worn in New York City.

The two main characters have polar opposite styles - a girly schoolgirl and the other, a high fashion bohemian (oh! kinda like the society fashion shoot "Bookworms & Bohemians). Watching each episode I feel I am transported into an Editorial from Teen Vogue, and what could be better than that?

Let's all go back to our high school days for the Society Girl's of the Week...

The Gossip Girl Cast







10 comments:

Kaye Olfindo said...

I ♥ Gossip Girl outfits. In fact I just wrote a blog about it at http://kstyled.com/2007/11/08/i-heart-the-gossip-girl-outfits/ just yesterday! Great minds think alike, huh?

:)

Stephanie said...

I have to admit that I like their outfits also. I look forward to seeing what they are wearing each week. I think the costume designer worked on "Sex and the City."

Cris said...

That's so funny - I'm in Spain and I've been watching Gossip Girl on You Tube for the exact same reasons - the outfits. Serena just looks gorgeous in ever scene. Will have to check out the blog above too! Cris x

Kristen said...

I love Gossip Girl. In addition, I love their clothes. I completely agree - it's really like a Teen Vogue shoot. It reminds me of the times Teen Vogue goes into "real teenager's house" (read: a NYC girl, whose last name is usually the same of a large CEO or designer) - they're like "oh yes, I love my Marc Jacobs flats, and my Missoni dresses, sometimes when I went to dress down I'll throw on a pair of APC jeans...". I live in New York now, but when I was fifteen I thought J.Crew was expensive. Wait.. it still kind of is, at least for my budget.

Oops! this was very long. I'm a big fan of your blog :)

Carolina Lange said...

I love their outfits! Specially Serena's!

Ondo Lady said...

I love that show, it is just the best. I cannot wait for my next fix. The clothes are cool as well.

Anonymous said...

Gossip Girl is definitely my fave show - and I agree that the outfits are FAB - the girls and the guys! I really enjoy the writing, too - the stories are a constant battle between "sweet" and "naughty", which definitely sums up life in NYC.

XOXO

Sally Jane Vintage said...

I actually haven't watched this show, but this post pretty much convinced me I need to. It definitely looks like it's filling that SATC void. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

does anyone know who makes the red and blue dresses s & b are wearing?
they are to die for!

Kaye Olfindo said...

anonymous: Abigail Lorick is the designer behind Waldorf Designs. She designed the red and blue dresses that S & B are wearing. Her website is www.loricknewyork.com.

:)