Thursday, January 24, 2008

SOCIETY GIRL OF THE WEEK: Aya T. Kanai

I am SO excited about this week's Society Girl. She is one that I have noticed on the pages of The Sartorialist many times. I didn't put it together until today that I was looking at the same amazing woman. Every time I came across her image she stood out. Who was she, where does she work, what inspires her? A mystery ensued... looking through comments... in search of a reference to who she was.. I finally solved the puzzle.

Until recently she was known as the Fashion Director at NYLON magazine and seems to be heading over to TEEN VOGUE (my favorite!) Her sense of style has a relaxed flare, but at the same time is eye-popping. Her work can be seen here and to get inside her creative head, check out this interview.

She has become a top ten in my books, our Society Girl of the Week is...

Aya T. Kanai












12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember seeing a few of those, that iridescent green coat is a dream! ;-)

AM said...

Great choice. Sometimes you can catch a glimpse of her in those behind-the-scenes photos in Nylon. She's usually in some awkward position during a photo shoot trying to reach over to fix a celebrity's collar or something.

ABBLESAUCE LLC said...

oh my goodness! great post...thanks for adding the link to her website too!

Anonymous said...

i need those shoes in the last picture!!!

jqvintage.com said...

hopefully I can snatch up her old job at nylon lol ..she does have great style

P said...

great post and you blog seems lovely too :)

terren said...

great post! her outfits are always put together and exciting.

Candice said...

i love it when asian women are represented in the fashion scene.

Unknown said...

she has a great style and knows exactly what garments fit her properly. It is refreshing to see someone following their on path!

http://www.theshinysquirrel.com

Anonymous said...

She's awsome, I've just looked through her website and i love everything she's done. I covet her bowling shoes too!! Thanks for pointing her out

Jamie Reeves said...

Loved readinng this thank you

Jamie Reeves said...

Thaank you for writing this