Friday, January 04, 2008

SOCIETY GIRL OF THE WEEK

Whoops! A little behind this week on keeping up.

I didn't want another week to go by without selecting an inspiration, so I thought you wouldn't mind if I just featured a belated "Society Girl of the Week". Starting Monday I will be back on target with the Weekend Recap every Monday, Instant Outfit every Tuesday, SGTW on Thursdays and bits and pieces in between.

While flying over the USA, ensconced in my airplane seat I was elated to find BravoTV playing a marathon of the last few episodes of Project Runway! I can not get over how much I happen to love one of the designers - her creations... but even more her own style. I guess I have to admit we have very similar styles - dramatic flares (headpieces, suspenders, high-waists, etc.) and a bit of a 70's vibe going on.

She is a Long Island girl who's talent was bursting at the seams at Parsons School of Design and now is on display for the world to see. I have a feeling she will continue to inspire for a very long time. Our Society Girl of the Week (SGTW) is....

Project Runway's Jillian Lewis





4 comments:

Grace said...

wow, good choice. i especially love the dress (photo 1)!

Anonymous said...

I could not agree more! Jillian's style is amazing! I am majorly rooting for her to make it to the final 3.

Anonymous said...

I totally agree! She always looks so put together and cute.

Emily Darby said...

Thanks for a grreat read