Monday, January 21, 2008

Weekend Recap: Huntress

Since the "Instant Outfit: Leopard Print" entry I have been on the prowl for the perfect printed skirt. The hunt ended this weekend! I finally wrangled myself a "bandage-like" version of this fierce trend, and since I am never able to hold off on wearing a good thing I took it out. Feeling a bit Parisian and Ghetto-Fabulous at the same time I dressed it down with a American Apparel V-neck and added sass with a vintage sequin belt. "Ooooh la la"!

After a night on the town, this huntress hung up her game and went a little more low-key the rest of the week. Let's be honest - a girl can't be dressed in leopard everyday - well at least not this girl.

Mixing grey, navy and brown in a vintage jacket, jersey dress from Crossroads Trading Post, thrifted belt and scarf, and of course sporting a pair of Steve Madden shoes (SM seems to be a staple of mine).

It was game day (like mentioned my husband is an all around jock), so football viewing meant comfortable and casual in my H&M high-waisted jeans, vintage plaid blouse and good old converse kicks.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The wavy hair is the best accessory, you look fab in all of these. I love my leopard skirt, I'm glad you got one! Did you see the Jane Mag "Don't Fear... Animal Print?" One of their best (sigh, I miss Jane).

Pablo said...

The third one is bloody cute!

AlicePleasance said...

You look wonderful in the first picture, so "Bonny&Clyde"! And the shoes are to die for :-)

Unknown said...

I really love animal print too! It is very misunderstood. I love the skirt with the belt!

sleepyhead said...

The third one is pretty darn cute!

propriatress said...

I concur ! I have 2 copyrighted Fashion rules.
1. Leopard is appropriate for all occasions.
2. There is no such thing as too much bling.(this is especially true for crow-people (lower case crow))
hey, my name is tress.....

lianna said...

Do you know the name of those jeans? I want to find them!

Brian and Beth Jones said...

Lianna,

I don't know the name of them but they are from H&M. I think they are still in stores. I bought them during the fall, but I think I saw them recently.... good luck.