Monday, May 05, 2008

Week Recap: I Will Never Say Never Again

Years of thrifting, sifting through all those "ugh.. 90's clothes". Paying no attention to the floaty dresses with the prim floral or plaid prints. Only thinking of the bad years of grunge.. not wanting to relive the middle school years of awkward braces, baggy high-waisted jeans and large flannel shirts.

Fashion is a funny thing! Now, all of a sudden I am sifting through those "ugh..9o's clothes" attracted to the prim floral and plaid prints. I watch reruns of 90's classics of television and I notice I am admiring their clothes.. maybe not their hairstyles.. but little aspects of their style here and there.

I will never say never when it comes to fashion again. I will never say that I will never wear a certain look, because you don't know when it going to turn around and look FABULOUS once again.

I sure went back on my word this weekend and busted out with all sorts of 90's apparel.. hey at least there are a lot more interesting goodies in the thrift stores all of a sudden.

Tiny Florals
(Van Huesen boy's blazer, tiny floral print dress and necklace -thrifted, Shoes- Steve Madden)

Date Night
(Liz Claiborne cropped jacket, t-shirt and boots - thrifted, Bandage Skirt - White House)

Chingolingas!
(Hat - ebay, Cardigan and dress - thrifted, Booties - Max Studio

15 comments:

Unknown said...

cute 90s looks!

Though I have to say there are some looks I can slap a 'never' on...most of them are contemporary. Crocs, for instance.

The Glam Life said...

I really love those little cognac-colored booties, they are full of style! I featured you on my blog with some other stylish bloggers, I hope that was okay I should have said something before-sorry. I only had nice things to say though:)

Eyeliah said...

lol, its true that fashion cycles. But I really feel I won't change my mind about acid wash!

Nancy said...

Love the outfits! I really like the third look because it reminds me a photoshoot of Lou Doillon.

The Fancier said...

Cool looks. Love your black floral dress!

suzy. said...

you totally rock those dresses! i have been avoiding the 90s...but maybe you've inspired me. *i'm totally with you on the awkward middle school grunge...ew.*

AlicePleasance said...

The 90s still my my big "fashion problem", but you look great here and I expecially like the third picture :-)

Anonymous said...

Love the hat, nice find!

Smaggle said...

Oh don't even start with me and the 90's! I have curly curly hair and Brenda and Kelly (90210)tormented me enough when I was 10 and couldn't do the long straight hair and blunt fringe thing. They are just coming back for a second swipe at my self esteem. You've done well with your mini 90's revival. I'm impressed.

Ashleigh said...

I just bought an acid wash denim skirt today at a thrift shop and I LOVE IT :) great of you to bring back the 90s :)

WendyB said...

Never say never is a smart policy...because you never know!

Anonymous said...

fabulous!

K. Inez said...

YES! I am so on this.

Rhiannon said...

I love that you managed to make '90s pieces look so current . . . And I'm completely the same way. I hated grunge more than any other style almost and now I keep getting drawn to little '90s floral dresses (the kind that tie in the back even!!) and half getting embarrassed for it.

Clipping Path said...


Thank you for a informative post.