Monday, May 12, 2008

Weekend Recap: Going to Great Lengths

There was a time, just last year, when I noticed my hemlines had risen higher and higher. Think of last spring's baby doll and trapeze dresses. It was all the rage - I was continually pulling out the sewing machine and shortening my once long and flowy vintage dresses.

No more, this season accepts all lengths and I have put away the sewing machine and let the dresses and skirts stay the legnth they were created to be (this works nice for the legs that haven't seen the sun just yet).

I am sure I will still embrace the short little minis, but I am happy to go to great lengths!


8 comments:

Jimena said...

That first outfit is absolutely adorable.

For me, winter is just starting, and I think I'm going the oposite way as you are. I'm definitely starting to embrace shorter skirts and dresses!

Fashion Addict said...

i think both outfits are really cute!

I love your blog posts and it's so much fun reading them! Would you like to do a link exchange with me?

Rice and Beans Vintage said...

Love the jean jumper. Not everyone can pull that off and it looks fantastic!

Imelda said...

lovely outfits!
Your hair looks amazing!

laia. said...

I LOVE the flower print dress in the first pic. I am desperately seeking one like that.

Paris said...

These outfits are so ace, would love to know where you shop! haha. Loving the shoe boots!

ramona west said...

i TOTALLY agree. i still shorten dresses/skirts when the proportions seem all wrong, but for the most part i notice that i'm more and more pleased with the longer lengths as they are.

Miss at la Playa said...

the hat is lovely :)